Today’s digital marketing is not only about building and creating engaging content that your customers love to read but it’s also about producing attractive images and videos that they will be likely to share among their community.
Additionally, social networks like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube are such great platforms for visual content to go viral. And this proves to be true in reality.
- Publishers who use infographics as their marketing weapon can increase their traffic by 12%. Photos are liked twice as much as text updates on Facebook. What’s more? Around 700 Youtube videos are uploaded and shared every minute.
- 94% more total views on average are attracted by content containing compelling images than content without images.
- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to be very important and carry even more weight than the product information, full description, and customer ratings.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business whose images appear in local search results.
- 37% increase in engagement is experienced when Facebook posts include photographs. This is consistent with research by Dan Zarrella of Hubspot.
- 14% increase in pageviews are seen when press releases contain a photograph. (They climb to 48% when both photographs and videos are included.)
Stats from Heidicohen.
Time to get visual, marketers!
We have recently created an infographic to take a closer look at some interesting statistics in using visual content in social media marketing that you might be interested in.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):